SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

I couldn't find an SXY charting thread so here's a new one. It...

1. 306 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 215

I couldn't find an SXY charting thread so here's a new one. It is a bit technical and anyone who isn't familiar with Wyckoff Theory probably won't follow it but the TA junkies out there might get something from it.
    I've traded SXY on a couple of occasions previously (with losses) . As a result I had decided to keep away from it but I saw something in its chart on the weekend that made me want to see if I could break my losing streak.
    I've bought in today because it is coming off a low that sits on a long term support line (blue dashed line), its made a higher high, low and high again on the weekly and a higher high again today on the daily (after which, Murphy's Law saw the price fall back a bit. Price has broken above and importantly closed above a technical down trend line (solid black line) for 2 consecutive weeks - another buy signal. The green channel I saw as an upsloping Wyckoff pattern but after further consideration I think it is just a plain old garden variety channel.However there is a small Wyckoff pattern in the light yellow rectangle. Wyckoff Theory says that price should continue to make higher highs and lows from the low at the end of December (a spring which was followed by a retest). Wyckoff uses Point & Figure charts for targeting and while the pattern isn't advanced enough to say where the last point of support in the pattern is (something that is part of the targeting calculation) a rough guess suggests a target of $0.455 - which fits nicely with the probable next high in the green channel (assuming price does head back to the top boundary). Somewhere around a 30% profit if SXY follows the rule book (which it never seems to).
    Be warned, when SXY does turn down it drops quickly.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1936/1936604-09b302993a62e73ffe96a4f7c8d1133a.jpg
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1936/1936614-5a9e790863ba42a917376253b7083144.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.