SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

I tried replying to CEO's recent post but for some reason the...

1. 306 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 215
    I tried replying to CEO's recent post but for some reason the post won't work as a reply - but will as this new post.

If you think about it, chart movements only reflect the interpretation by all market participants opinion of all fundamental inputs - ie if participants see future value increasing based on fundamental data, the price rise is reflected in the charts. The way I see it is, while I don't walk around with my eyes closed, I don't need to consider any fundamental inputs because they are already factored into chart price movements. That said, everyone has personal views on some industries and they do of course flavour what we will or won't trade.And, CEO, while you are generally right in saying you shouldn't sell until you see a reversal of sentiment (or in charting terms - trend), I've found that when trading short-term patterns (like I was with SXY) if you wait until price turns with some (most?) stocks that pullback can be severe and take a lot of potential profit as everyone turns and runs for the exit. I'll almost always exit a short term trade just before it reaches target for that reason. Now if you are trendline trading for the medium to long-term the old adage of let your profits run is very true - only sell when the trend is broken.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.