SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you. It's just that your question...

1. 306 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 215
    Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you. It's just that your question can't be answered simply.

In charting buy and sell rules are different for each stock and for each investor/trader's risk appetite. I publish educational material that sets this out in more detail and explains different ways to approach buying, selling and trading in general. However, the buy signal with SXY wasn't so much a price level as a pattern created by daily price moves. the first of which was 25 August. The second signal would have been price reaching and ideally closing above the resistance level at $0.30 with some volume at that point.

You say $0.30 or $0.305? Either would work as resistance/support levels are really not that precise, they tend to be narrow bands rather than a line in the sand. While the level needs to be a resistance level with specific criteria the pattern price has made in reaching that level is critical - as is volume and where price is in the bigger picture (the price cycle of the stock in question - best considered with Elliott Wave Theory).

There was an earlier pattern it July which gave a target of the 23 July peak of $0.30 which could also have been traded and it is interesting to note that this target became the resistance level for the next target. During the rise to that $0.30 target, price made a larger pattern that suggested a target of $0.34 (confirming the target of the subsequent pattern I ultimately traded).

As I said - not simple, and the deeper you dig what are simple charting techniques at face value become more complex.

Good luck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.