I originally ignored his original swipe as he admitted he didn't...

1. 686 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1019
    I originally ignored his original swipe as he admitted he didn't know the situation. But it's pretty solid imo.

All Mali exports have to go via truck to either Abidjan or Dakar already. So you don't need to compare to another operation, it is already being done every single day. Some go via Bamako-Dakar rail, but the vast majority of Marian exports use these two routes. These two highway routes are also the better bits of road in Mali, I.e entirely sealed.

In terms of the Ivory Coast, let's say worst case scenario ww3 or plague happens there, we can simply divert exports to Dakar in Senegal. Both Dakar and Abidjan have recently upgraded facilities and can easily handle our product. Having this as contingency is enough assurance that transport and border risk should not be a major issue.

Remember this is likely only for the first 4-5 years as rail is being upgraded and drydock facilities are being built near Mali border. These additions will speed up customs, reduce 'agency fee's and allow for even greater volume of concentrate to be exported in future at lower cost.

Just off top of head, on my phone so DYOR.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.