SYA 3.85% 2.7¢ sayona mining limited

SYA Chart 2.0, page-23

1. 354 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 229
    @wilfran1pm - agree with you regarding the forward cloud turning green is a sign that a potential sustained trend change might be coming. However, I would like to underline the word "potential". In order for the sustained uptrend to be confirmed, the positive price action needs to be maintained - otherwise, the cloud will turn red again.

If we look at how the senkou spans (i.e. the lines forming the cloud) are calculated, they are simply derived from the price action at a point in time shifted forward for 26 days. Therefore, IMO we need to be careful not to take the forward cloud as a prediction of future event, rather I usually interpret it simply as information about the current prevailing sustained trend. The forward cloud turning green that we are observing now actually reflects the price rally we just had over the last 2 weeks. It has given some positive momentum to initiate the trend change (hence, the forward cloud turning green - which is indeed a promising early sign), but there needs to be some follow through for that to be confirmed as a sustained uptrend (i.e. maintaining the green cloud colour).

All these are based on my, somewhat limited, understanding about Ichimoku cloud and charting in general. Happy to be corrected / hear any alternate view.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.001(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $277.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.8¢ 2.6¢ $373.5K 13.94M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 304708 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.8¢ 6844913 26
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.