SYA 3.57% 2.7¢ sayona mining limited

Can the CPI keep the rally going?.Yes SYA lost 1.5c to finish at...

1. 4,439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3812
    Can the CPI keep the rally going?

Yes SYA lost 1.5c to finish at 23c. Our volume was decent but not very high, just over 64m shares traded. Although we started the day with some good intention, but as the day passed, the fear of a bad CPI data may have spooked some. Or many may have thought to be on sidelines. So we have now dipped below 24c and getting into 20/24 zone. But that could all change if we have a good data tonight and this could be a temporary visit in that range. Lets hope it stays that way.

ASX Li stocks were quite weak today. Of the 73 stocks that I track, there was a loss of 3%
    Overnight US Li stocks did not do that bad and stayed in green - average gain of around 1% including ETF of LIT. Not sure why ASX Li were that weak.

What next:
    Yesterday SP 500 had a good day. I was thinking it could be sideways but was hoping we get over 4100 - and it did get over 4100. SP 500 gained over 1% to finish at 4137. ASX though did not have a big rise, marginally up around 0.2%.
    SP 500 after is now above 4100 after dipping for couple of days. From the technicals/chart perspective, it is looking quite bullish. But we are dependent on a event - CPI data - so that number will drive the market. If we get a good or even neutral data, there is a good chance to finish above 4200. If numbers are bad, 4000 could be tested.
    Lead indicators yesterday behaved well, though nothing dramatic. Yields, Dollar Index and VIX, all dropped slightly.
    So what will happen tonight? Another binary event, like a toss, so difficult to say what will happen. Lots of talks around data manipulation. Also many bears are saying data will be very bad. But Powell should have had some idea if it was that bad. And he wouldn't be dovish if so. Although its unpredictable event, for me his comments in recent time is important and I feel data could at least be neutral if not positive. If we have that, many are calling for the next zone on SP 500 - between 4300 and 4350 - so good chance to reach there. Will that happen? Lets hope so. All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
-0.001(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $277.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 3.0¢ 2.6¢ $1.252M 44.04M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 4178258 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.8¢ 854617 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.