RSG 0.81% 61.0¢ resolute mining limited

Syama sub-level cave ore starts this month, page-5

1. 3,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1083
    Eshmun,
    I think you are a bit early with a thread to develop the automation theme, which goes hand in hand with the RSG value proposition. Initial automation commences this month (I think) but full automation is some months off.
    You discount the risk factor of an automated mine but RSG blows the trumpet about introducing the first fully automated mine. I understand first to mean first on a worldwide basis and that means that RSG is becoming a bleeding edge gold miner. We use the term "bleeding edge" for initiators of technology for a good reason. Even if elements of the technology are in use elsewhere in the world, that is not the same as a completely automated mine with all the inter-dependencies throughout the mine subject to automated activity.
    For me, RSG is now entering a phase that requires close examination and even more importantly, honest and regular disclosure on Syama mining activity. Of course there will be issues with this development - there always are. The impact of any issues is the focus of interest. Whether we really have a value proposition will become more apparent with quarterly reporting next year.
    The AISC will be the key performance indicator as to the success of JW's strategy.
    I wonder what level of support will be provided by Sandvik? When automation has hiccups then immediate and relevant support is needed. Sometimes issues have complicated causes that need expert attention from the supplier, and physical presence at the mine may at times be essential, even with today's remote access capability through the Internet. A combination of experts may be needed with knowledge in the mechanical as well as the electronic hardware, not to mention the automation software levels.
    Did I say "bleeding" edge?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RSG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
61.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.81%)
Mkt cap ! $1.298B
Open High Low Value Volume
61.0¢ 62.0¢ 60.5¢ $4.257M 6.968M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 175546 60.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
61.0¢ 7201 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RSG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.