Some people appear to view Sydney as the centre of the Universe...

1. 2,172 Posts.
    Some people appear to view Sydney as the centre of the Universe instead of merely the centre of their Universe. In saying that, there are a plethora of regional cities and towns where properties are currently selling for well above I million: Port Douglas and the Gold/Sunshine Coasts in QLD and Lennox Head/Byron Bay in NSW, for example.

Furthermore, there are various interpretations of the notion of "extreme summer weather." If, however, the Gold Coast was considered to experience extreme summer weather the city would not be rapidly approaching a population of 600,000 people.

I'm not racist or otherwise discriminatory but I have noticed that some people who are not born in Australia cannot fathom why property prices are so high in regional cities/towns that are hundreds of kilometres from a capital city.

Perhaps such people should research which lifestyle factors the majority of Australians value the most and then employ the simple idea of supply and demand-in the context of the wider reality- instead of looking inward at their own existence(s).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.