Same thing in Mackay, Airlie beach, Townsville and other North...

1. 20,538 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Same thing in Mackay, Airlie beach, Townsville and other North Qld coast centres.

Talking to a real estate agent in Mackay and theres around 1 % rental vacancy rate.

Most builders are booked out to mid 2022 with new home builds.

The day I spoke to the agent she had sold 2 x houses that day site unseen to people from Vic
    who were leaving Melbourne never to return, she said a lot of this was happening from Vic and NSW people.

Even the local Mining town rents are on the rise.
    Moranbah itself also has 20 plus new homes being built.

Haven't seen it so busy in our area since last time the Mines were booming, thing is the mines are not necessarily boomimg this time at the moment. Plenty of tonnes still being shipped though.

Two new mines to break ground next year in Moranbah area, as well as a $1 billion plus port up grade of Dalrimple Bay coal terminal, plus large multi year road upgrade projects, that without all the housing etc being built in the area.

Im just wondering what will happen when / if this Covid-19 vaccine comes out and things start to get back to normal.

Govs the world over are going to want to kick start their economies again.

What will these Govs do ?

Big spends on infrastructure, new Roads, Bridges, Hospitals, Ports, Housing, energy projects, renewable energy projects etc etc.

All requiring steel,

A very busy areas already as I mentioned,
    I wondering what will happen in the next 12 months if the Coke Coal mines ramp up again to supply this possible World infrastructure spend.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.