CTP 3.13% 6.6¢ central petroleum limited

Agree with that COM. One of my main concerns with CTP management...

1. 33 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Agree with that COM.

One of my main concerns with CTP management is that they never directly told shareholders while spruiking mereenie that it needed a processing facility worth $100m to clean up the dirty gas before anyone would buy it via NEGI. If we ALL new this we could plainly see that the company isn't worth as much as we were hoping. Cottee was banking on an over-hyped market to provide the bonanza for shareholders. Problem is there are too many options for gas supply with an easier path to market than CTP. CTP gas is STRANDED, plain and simple. By the time CTP gets organised the gas price hikes will have been and gone - look at iron ore or any commodity for that matter. Do some simple sums on how much revenue CTP can get through the limited NEGI pipe and you will soon see the company is not worth a lot, and that's assuming CTP get $100m to build a processing facitiliy first. Cottee must have been banking on selling the company before another raising/dilution was required. The lack of interest from other suitors surely must be a warning sign for CTP shareholders.

As for MB, they are probably interested in CTP for two reasons: 1) because that's their job is to find opportunities and they are struggling to find anything better than CTP, or 2) they have realized that they are never going to get back the loan they gave to CTP so they have to take charge.

I can only read the boards unanimous recommendation to sellout to MB as their realisation that CTP will never be the company everyone had hoped for. The stars never quite aligned. That's the nature of speculative stocks. Will they ever align is the question? I think there are better places to put your money now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.6¢
Change
0.002(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $48.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.4¢ 6.6¢ 6.3¢ $11.12K 175.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 72447 6.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.6¢ 108994 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.5¢
  Change
0.002 ( 2.99 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.4¢ 6.6¢ 6.3¢ 40578
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.