BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

ok - guess here's why I'm basically no longer all that...

1. 12,607 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    ok - guess here's why I'm basically no longer all that interested in BTA

Great aussie effort to make a real difference - researched and developed here
    (and if PC is to be believed the research team will stay in Oz) and now like so many other Oz efforts, lets pack up and off-shore.

It will now be taken to US (albeit with still a 60% holding "in Oz") and firmly anchored to BARDA (nothing wrong with that it pays for the big Lani ticket !), managed by a totally different management (we already know: 2 Nabi directors, new CFO and new CEO) and playing by different rules.

Yes - it makes total sense on so many fronts (also some inherent dangers that were raised at the meeting and squashed by PC- mostly connected to different macro economic outlook and potential policy changes that I and at least one other SH thought were relevant) and management is convinced it is the best move for company and SH.

Just no longer an Australian company and I believe Oz holders will increasing diluted out of their holdings and replaced by the desired US holders (index funds etc).

Apparently we've been told for the last 2 years that this was the plan - and my bad for "missing" that.

Will hold until I get my money back (hopefully over next 2-3 years) but this is now outside of my investment strategy as I invest in Australian companies (just a personal choice - otherwise I'd be holding the likes of GSK BMS etc).

GLAH - hope this pans out as planned

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.