CTP 0.00% 4.9¢ central petroleum limited

Sydney meeting, page-105

1. 577 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    The elephant in the room.... from Malcolm Turnbull via macrobusiness

It is not acceptable for Australia shortly to become the world’s largest exporter of liquefied natural gas, to not have enough gas for its own families and its own businesss.
    The Commonwealth government has considerable power with respect to any exports of any items, including gas, of course. But what I’m seeking to do is to ensure we have action from the gas companies.
    I can say that the gas companies, I have no doubt, are very well aware that they operate with the benefit of a social licence from the Australian people and they cannot expect to maintain that, if while billions of dollars of gas are being exported, Australians are left short.
    We’re seeking action today at the meeting. We’re determined to resolve this gas crisis. It’s been created by policies of state governments that have locked up gas resources over the years, despite many warnings but the time has come for action and for a solution.

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2017/03/nothing-malcolm-plans-fail-gas-cartel-meet/

I think that RC's biggest fear is legislation to force local supply provisions on the large gas exporters, and I think that is where the urgency is coming from. IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $36.26M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 4.9¢ 4.8¢ $21.04K 432.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 196220 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 109455 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.