MMR 0.00% 0.4¢ mec resources limited

Article in the Sydney Morning Herald by Debra Jopson REGIONAL...

1. 175 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14

Article in the Sydney Morning Herald by Debra Jopson REGIONAL AFFAIRS states among other things 'Advent Energy plans to start drilling into the seabed in federal government controlled waters 55 kilometres east of Newcastle in mid October' and 'If the exploratory drill is successful, extracting the gas would entail putting a platform out of sight on the sea floor and burying a pipe which would convey it into the existing Newcastle Sydney gas pipeline ashore'. It goes on to talk about the objections of the Councils in the area and also says'The NSW Minister for Mineral Resources Paul McLeay, confirmed that this would be the first exploration drilling well ever off the state's coast if it proceeds. The Department of Industry and Investment is awaiting revised application documents from Advent Energy, including a modified environment plan and well design plans, he said.' The last bit of the article states 'However, there is a further catch. The federal environment department has no new application for gas drilling off the NSWcoast before it, according to Mr. Garrett's spokesman. Any proposal likely to have a significant impact on an area protected by environmental law needed approval to go ahead, he said'

A mid October drill sounds fine to me, but I will await an environmental approval with great anticipation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.