TBH honest I was born in 1972. Who did what to who before that...

1. 3,883 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 241
    TBH honest I was born in 1972. Who did what to who before that is rather irrelevant to me, as I had no part in it. These historical hatreds are for nought. I only have one life and try to live it as decently as I can. Hereditary wise I should hate Serbs, but I have Serb friends. On the other side of the family, I should hate Ukrainians because they killed my great uncles when they tried to cleanse the Pols after WW2, but I don't. I actually am pro Ukranian in the current conflict, as once I peel back the rhetoric it just seems a land grab for Putin and his oligarchs.

Make no mistake, I agree with quite a few current good articles (times, the guardian etc) that make the point that this attack was made to scupper the Israel-Saudi normalisation agreement. On the back of this others would join this normalisation. This would have isolated Iran further. Iran needs a common enemy (the Jew and the evil US) to maintain its leadership power. If normalisation could work across most of the Arab world it would undermine regimes based on strict adherence to Monolithic religion and the barbaric practices.

I feel that many of the young are trying to break away from the old hatreds in many parts of the world. I was talking with another person of Croatian heritage (he is more up to date on their politics then me) and he told me they are trying to discourage the return of people from certain parts of the world, as they are more likely to have the old hatreds and they want to move on and live in peace. I suppose when you lived through a war, you really don't want to go through another if you had any sense. Here in Sydney we see the same useful idiots, repeating the mantra of old men about things that they know nothing about. Easy to chant for death when your thousands of miles away from the bombs.

I cannot do justice to what I want to say in a short space, and I need to work. The PLO had quite a few opportunities to do a peace deal. There is a recent 3-part interview with a Saudi diplomat, now intelligence chief, who goes through that. It is not in Iran's interest to have any solution to the Palestinian issue and they have their useful idiots in Hammas willing to do their bidding. They will sacrifice their own people based on ideology and their only aim is kill every Jew. You cannot negotiate with or integrate them. I read something a few years back and it made a very strong case that when regimes/ideologies start dying they are at their most violent. The problem to my mind is that weapons are now so terrible they can take the rest of us with them.

As a father my life is about my daughter. I would hope as a society our lives would be about the children. As citizens of the world wouldn't it be great if our actions were dictated for the children. Every right-minded person only wants the best for the kids. Sure, we may disagree on what that is, but it is a noble objective and at the very least should stop us from blowing the place up and killing innocents.

Cheers

Last edited by jonkey1995: 10/10/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.