NEU 2.37% $19.39 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

synaptic plasticity & ms

1. 1,516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1899
    Running four concurrent trials would pass as a heavy workload for any small biotech. Yet, Neuren are commencing testing of NNZ-2591 in a mouse model of multiple sclerosis. One can only conclude that there must be absolutely compelling reasons to begin investigation of another drug candidate in a new, albeit related field.

I suspect that the reference, within the Chairman's Address at the AGM, to synaptic plasticity could be key to understanding the decision;

"Beneficial effects on synaptic plasticity could also potentially prove to be an important element of long term treatment for many chronic neurological diseases and conditions," said Richard Treagus.

The Journal of NeuroScience recently published an article titled Synaptic plasticity and PDGF signaling defects underlie clinical progression in multiple sclerosis. The research centres upon the hypothesis that neuroplasticity is essential to prevent the progression of several brain diseases, including MS.

NNZ-2591 through its unique MOA has 'beneficial effects on synaptic plasticity' which might attenuate the progressive, debilitating effects of MS. Somebody must think so! I just wonder whether, apart from Neuren scientists, the somebody might include an influential and highly resourced partner.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.39
Change
-0.470(2.37%)
Mkt cap ! $2.478B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.70 $19.77 $19.28 $10.38M 534.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2680 $19.35

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.41 362 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.