A2M 0.87% $6.85 the a2 milk company limited

Synlait Takeover Coming??

1. 1,989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    Hi guys and gals. I think safe to say A2 might be going for a takeover play on Synlait! They are now nearly 20% ownership and could launch a bid for the remaining shares once they get more cash in 2or3 years. A2 said they are not looking to add more shares but they said that same thing after the first 8% they buy...

Announcement in 2017: "In acquiring this stake in Synlait, a2MC has no plans to increase its shareholding beyond the present level. a2MC believes its shareholding will provide stability to Synlait’s capital structure as it grows. "
    Link: https://thea2milkcompany.com/wp-content/uploads/a2MC_release_Synlait_02032017.pdf

Today they say the same thing ... I think they may increase to 20%  next buy and then they go for the whole company. Australia and ASX prohibits buying more than 20% in a company UNLESS: 1. You are launching a takeover/scheme of arrangement or 2. purchasing no less than 3% more shares in 6 months. You are allowed to continue buying past 20% if you only buy <3% every 6 months (this could also be a strategy!).

Why would A2 want to buy Synlait?
    Few good reasons...
    1. Ensure they have cfda forever and never have to reapply. If Synalit was to be bought by someone else then not only does a competitor get all this A2 milk supply from NZ but also means A2 lose CFDA.
    2. Improve margins!!! A2 Would have huge margin uplift if they buy synlait because they no longer need to pay for the manufacturing (obviously).
    3. Never have supply issues again! A2 sometime run into supply issue in future because maybe synalit hasn't invested enough plants (blend or canning) and cant meet the supply (once a2 much bigger). Now Synlait has enough plants for some time but who is forcing them to meet supply requirements in 10 years time? Current contract expires inn 2023.

On a different note.... I think A2 is a very strong long term investment at these price and long term holders will be well rewarded when we get past $20 next year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.85
Change
-0.060(0.87%)
Mkt cap ! $4.952B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.83 $6.87 $6.78 $8.532M 1.250M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2151 $6.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.85 27162 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.