SNT 0.00% 2.9¢ syntara limited

Syntara the science explained

1. 1,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1982
    Hi all,

Blood cancer is on the rise and now represents the second most common caused cancer deaths in Australia. Ref : Annual report SNT 2023

1.3 million new cases of haematology cancers per year , worldwide.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9252904/

Myelodysplastic Syndrome is a significant subset of these blood cancers whereby abnormal tissue growth leads to bone marrow failure with an increased risk of a low red blood cell count ( anaemia) as well as low white blood cell count ( neutropenia) plus low platelet count ( thrombocytopenia).

SNT-5505 is a pan lox inhibitor. Let's look at exactly what that means.

In myelofibrosis, a bone marrow cancer characterized by excessive fibrosis, pan-LOX inhibitors like PXS-5505 have demonstrated the ability to reduce fibrosis, megakaryocyte numbers, and collagen crosslinking, making them potential therapeutic agents for this condition. Difficult I know , let's put it in laypeople terms.

Imagine getting a decent size skin cancer removed . The end result is from the outside a scar incision and scar tissue. Then translate the scar tissue to the organ that makes the blood. You end up with a collagen type situation in the bone marrow and this causes many blood counts to diminish. Think a beaver dam.

The idea of SNT-5505 is to reduce the enzymes that cause that blockage example the LOX enzyme.This upregulation of LOX leads to increased cross-linking and rigidity , which contributes to the development of Bone Marrow fibrosis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7968867/

Now Syntara believes some people who cannot take JAK inhibitor therapy will benefit.

It is also believed that SNT-5505 will be in a combination therapy. Let's have a look at that.

What is a JAK inhibitors and why does it need SNT-5505 to be effective.

JAK inhibitors are small molecule compounds that modulate the immune system by blocking the activity of JAK enzymes, thereby suppressing the signaling of pro-inflammatory cytokines. By modulating the JAK-STAT signaling pathway, JAK inhibitors provide a targeted approach to manage various inflammatory and autoimmune disorders.

So what do JAK inhibitors do to the "collagen" build up in the bone marrow .

While JAK inhibitors provide clinical benefits like spleen size reduction and symptom improvement in myelofibrosis, they have relatively modest effects on reversing existing bone marrow fibrosis. More potent anti-fibrotic agents may be needed.

In summary, JAK inhibitors have shown the ability to stabilize or improve bone marrow fibrosis in some myelofibrosis patients, likely by blocking aberrant JAK signaling that drives fibrosis. However, their effects are limited and combination approaches may be needed to fully reverse the bone marrow abnormalities.

Along comes a combination therapy called SNT-5505 to reduce the " collagen scar tissue" to restore the function of the bone marrow.

Ok there are approximately six pan lox inhibitors . 4 owned or licensed by Syntara.

One other not associated with SNT is β-aminopropionitrile (BAPN) - A well-known pan-LOX inhibitor, but it lacks specificity and can cause toxicities. One is natural.

Studies from SNT show a 90% reduction in Lox enzymes at day 7 and day 28. ( P<O.001)
    Ref: SNT investor presentation 06/10/22

Myelodysplastic Syndrome 5 year survival rate for transfusion dependant is 37%.

That's enough for today. I will elaborate on a number of items I have found in subsequent posts including interpretation of trial results so far.
    Also explanations of SNT-4728, SNT-5382, SNT-4728, SNT-8370, SNT-6302.

Lots more to come. Autophagy!!!

This explains part of my rationale why I invested.

Kpax
    Last edited by kpax: 23/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SNT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $34.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.2¢ 2.9¢ $118.2K 3.915M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10116 2.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 257858 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.9¢
  Change
0.000 ( 5.45 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.1¢ 3.1¢ 2.8¢ 966104
Last updated 15.37pm 14/06/2024 ?
SNT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.