@cartex Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I have a few...

1. 301 Posts.
    @cartex

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

I have a few questions that I hope you can either help me with or point me in the right direction:

1) What's your estimate of carbon demand (not flake/spherical-by-product graphite demand or synthetic graphite demand on their own) for recarburisers utilised in cast iron production globally?

2) Do you have any insights on the current pricing for recarburisers from Durrans, Superior Graphite (Desulco) etc.

3) Is there any growth in the expanded graphite market for insulation products in China?

4) How many tons of graphite are utilized as a refractory in an average blast furnace steelmaking plant?

5) How many tons of graphite are utilised as a refractory in an electric arc furnace steelmaking plant?

6) What weights of expanded flake graphite and flake graphite are added to carbon-lead acid batteries (i.e. what weight is say 2%)?

7) Why can't natural flake graphite electrodes for steel/aluminium production be produced? I have a basic understanding that needle coke is used in synthetic graphite electrodes which increases the strength of the electrode which is a definite advantage over natural flake. Can you please explain to me why bulk density is important here too?

8) What's the best textbook(s) to read to learn more?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.