PYC 4.17% 12.5¢ pyc therapeutics limited

synthetic phylomer libraries

1. 10,958 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1266

Hi Wayne,

Not sure if you've had an opportunity to read the 'Synthetic Phylomer Libraries' patent. It's very interesting and has me very intrigued, especially in light of today's announcement.

Taken from today's announcement:

The firm’s healthcare team specializes in evaluating and providing strategic advisory services to companies with change-the-world advances in healthcare, life sciences, and synthetic biology.

I have highlighted this section below from the announcement titled 'Synthetic Phylomer Libraries' dated 26/04/2012: 

There are numerous applications of the newly patented technology, including the rational design of Phylomer libraries in parallel formats on solid surfaces, such as peptide arrays or beads. Array formats enable tens of thousands of peptides to be screened against multiple targets on a single miniature ‘chip’, significantly reducing the time and cost of identifying relevant drug candidates. The technology is highly amenable to scaling using multiple chips to screen hundreds of thousands to millions of peptides at a time. The technology also enhances various value-added uses of the Company’s platform, including direct phenotypic screening of Phylomer libraries for the discovery of, for example, novel antivirals, antibiotics or anticancer agents. In addition, array formats facilitate the construction of a range of  high-density Phylomer libraries, which can be used for new applications of the platform, such as the identification of disease biomarkers for the development of novel diagnostic products.

Major discussion on the HC forum over the past few months has centered around there not being a good understanding of the business model (Bioexec made a valid point in his post dated 15/11/2012) and how Phylogica will make it sustainable i.e., beyond what the company is offering to Pharma partners - identification of hits.

Looks like Phylogica are looking to explore opportunities with their synthetic phylomer libraries not only for use in phenotypic screening but also as an array chip for diagnostics, biomarker discovery, animal health, agricultural biotech and industrial applications. This has me very intrigued/excited. I think it might be fair to say that other revenue streams are about to open up for Phylogica beyond identification of hits. I'm very pleased with this announcement.

Taken from the announcement: PHYLOGICA GRANTED PATENT FOR SYNTHETIC PHYLOMER LIBRARIES

Dr Paul Watt, Phylogica’s Chief Executive Officer, commented on the news: “The allowance of this patent adds another powerful component to Phylogica’s Phylomer platform and opens up new opportunities in the emerging field of synthetic biology.

Regards,
    Tony 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
0.005(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $571.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ $207.7K 1.671M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 2758503 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 442906 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.01pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.