SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

Syntonic - a billion dollar company?

1. 98 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Syntonic - a billion dollar company?

I initially bought into PSF just prior to the re-listing as SYT, based on a recommendation from a friend in Perth, who I used to work with. This is my first post on the SYT forum, but I have been following it since jumping on board. My friend’s broker put him on to the company, saying he thought it was the real deal and he is as bullish now as he was then.

So the friend was invited by his broker to attend the face to face with Gary this morning in Perth. I think there were 30 or so investors at this meeting. Anything I say here is second hand information following a phone call with him and should be treated as such.

Firstly my friend was extremely positive following the meeting. We both hold a similar amount of shares and are both happy to hold for the foreseeable, as we see the company’s current share price currently as a fraction of what it will become.

There was apparently one gentleman at this meeting who was giving Gary quite a hard time. He was only interested in revenue and not overly appreciative if all the groundwork that was being laid. From what I understand his tone was fairly rude and Gary looked quite uncomfortable, or maybe he was just bemused at the ignorance of the man. Anyway, Gary’s response was apparently something along the lines of ‘I think you will have something to smile about in the next quarterly, look at me, I’m smiling!’ at which point he gave the GG grin.

Another point that was brought up was Fios by Verizon. This was mentioned in Syntonic’s March newsletter, although I don’t think it mentioned specifically that Syntonic were involved. From the meeting it was divulged that Syntonic are involved and are already generating revenue from this. Apparently there are already 5 million subscribers. The Fios app allows Fios internet and TV subscribers to access a whole host of content on their mobile devices without using any data. Now there are plenty of contributors to this forum with a far better understanding of the tech than me, but I assume it’s Syntonic’s CSP that is powering the Fios app.

Also mentioned was that Syntonic are in discussions with the largest telco in Latin America - Telefonica are number 2 and it wouldn’t be surprising if they sign something with them also.

Gary also mentioned that he considers Syntonic to already be a billion dollar company despite the shareprice, otherwise he wouldn’t be wasting his time, as he is the biggest shareholder.

AT and T currently have their own OTT offering but apparently it isn’t up to Syntonic’s standard so don’t be surprised if they turn to Syntonic. It was apparently the relationship Syntonic have with AT and T which enabled Syntonic to get their foot in the door with IOS. This is apparently massive and I guess is what the CSP is all about. ‘Syntonic’s platform is in-network, cloud managed, OS, and device independent.’

After the meeting Gary was off to Sydney to talk with a major carrier in Australia and then on to Japan - not sure why.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.