SYR 5.48% 34.5¢ syrah resources limited

SYR and its Vanadium resource

1. 2,000 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1338
    Today was a good day for Vanadium companies, a party SYR could join next year.
    Vanadium flow batteries are proving superior to Li O batteries for grid and commercial and home storage.
    See the AVL battery minerals conference presentation dated 15/3/18. Please have a good read of this it is very interesting insight into the Vanadium market.
    China is building the worlds largest battery at present and it is a vanadium flow battery. P15 the AVL presentation
    KRC released a misleading IMO yet interesting piece on Vanadium today too.
    LiO looks as if it will be used in vehicles but vanadium flow batteries are way superior for grid, commercial and home storage.
    They both have a graphite anode so we still sell our graphite.
    I came across this Syrah Vanadium scoping study dated 30th July 2014 today it is a very interesting read, pls google it and read it in full. Just a few notes from this study in 2014

“vanadium production expected to commence following completion of ramp up and established graphite production”
    Annual sales of US$125m
    Annual opex of US$45m
    Annual EBITDA US$85m
    CAPEX US$80m
    NPV US$330m
    Pay back period 3.4 years

These figures were back in 2014 with a V2O5 price assumption of US$12/kg
    The current V2O5price is US$31/kg and rising with strong demand for flow batteries

That makes Syrahs current vanadium potential (with a 20% increase in costs as a buffer) as follows:
    Annual sales of V2O5 being US$375m
    Annual opex of US$54m
    Annual EBITDA US$326m
    CAPEX US$96m
    NPV US$1265m

I expect next year SYR will make further announcements on this and our tailings will be further processed to extract the Vanadium adding potentially $3b to the market cap of SYR (with 10x PE)
    I can see the shorters and down rampers spilling their coffees right now. To those in that camp please read the references:
    Syrah Vanadium scoping study dated 30th July 2014
    AVL battery minerals conference presentation dated 15/3/18
    And google vanadium flow batteries
    and check out the SYR presentation released today confirming graphite and BAM quality from Balama is up with industry leaders.
    Before dismissing the extra $3b market cap to SYR from its vanadium resource.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.5¢
Change
-0.020(5.48%)
Mkt cap ! $357.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.0¢ 36.8¢ 34.5¢ $2.576M 7.326M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 393935 34.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 100404 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.