SYR 1.03% 49.0¢ syrah resources limited

I'm in no hurry to see an off-take agreement for Balama at these...

1. 5,035 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 853
    I'm in no hurry to see an off-take agreement for Balama at these prices. I'm happy to wait and see what these 3 things have on natural graphite prices in the next 3-5 months

1/ I want to see how much stockpiling the Chinese have managed to achieve for this winter when their mines are shut down

2/ the affect on demand when Tesla open their 2 giga plants, Berlin and Austin this year plus further production expansion from CATL, BYD and others. Ford (F-150), GM and VW intend to start production of a lot of new fully electric models in 2022 as well. Each vehicle requires between 80-150kg of graphite.

3/ I'm expecting major power shortages in China/EU/US this winter. Governments in the EU and US like China, might start shutting down synthetic graphite production to avoid black and brown outs when there is a lower power alternative in natural graphite. Governments are looking at the energy consumption to build and power electric cars compared to the energy they produce.

Also it's not OK to say you're Eco friendly because you use hydro power for synthetic when coal fired power stations are still required to keep the lights on elsewhere.

Depending what decisions are made about the above in the next few months, it will be interesting to see if EV/battery manufactures see the light and come to the party in regards to Vidalia. SYR have stated they'll only give the go ahead in the next qtr if they sign off-take agreements and/or sign strategic partners like NVX.

The whole supply/demand dynamics of graphite will become even more fluid in the next 3-8 months. And I haven't mentioned shipping and semi-conductors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.0¢
Change
0.005(1.03%)
Mkt cap ! $419.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.0¢ 50.3¢ 48.3¢ $1.592M 3.223M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 116920 49.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 65000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
49.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 0.74 %)
Open High Low Volume
48.5¢ 50.0¢ 48.3¢ 852732
Last updated 15.59pm 25/04/2024 ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.