SYR 1.90% 51.5¢ syrah resources limited

Nice comment. I just want to say that I'm also perplexed by...

1. 180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    Nice comment. I just want to say that I'm also perplexed by the sell off today, but I think profit taking and fears of a cash raise to finance Vidalia plays a role. And companies consolidating their gains like PLS are cash flow positive.

Just adding a few things: Sanyo is a subsidiary of Panasonic and Panasonic is big in the battery business with Tesla and Toyota as customers as far as I know. And when it comes to NVX I think you describe things very good. They are certainly overvalued and it was shown a little while ago when their share price dropped 30% in a single day. When it comes to the valuation NVX vs SYR I think media coverage plays a role: natural graphite anode material got much less attention over the last years compared to synthetic, many articles praised synthetic graphite because of supposedly better properties vs natural when used in batteries. This has been discussed a lot here over the years. Consensus is that natural has no real disadvantages when compated to synthetic while being cheaper. There's also YouTube videos analyzing those two basically concluding the same. Market share of natural graphite has risen since 2018 though. Also there is much more competition in the synthetic space: SGL Carbon (Germany) , Tokai Carbon (Japan) & Imerys Graphite (France) produce synthetic graphite for use in Liion while there is no natural graphite anode producer in the West. We basically have no competition in the US and Europe.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.5¢
Change
-0.010(1.90%)
Mkt cap ! $441.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
53.5¢ 53.5¢ 51.5¢ $1.648M 3.142M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 130445 51.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
53.0¢ 42538 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
52.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 2.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
53.5¢ 53.5¢ 51.8¢ 877504
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.