SYR 3.77% 25.5¢ syrah resources limited

Syrah BAM Project, page-38

1. 687 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29

Vidalia approves gas line extension

Part of the announcement from the Natchez The Democrat of 14/11/18

The Vidalia Board of Aldermen will move ahead with a nearly $595,000 naturalgas line extension that will provide service to the town’s industrial park andport after aldermen voted 4-1 to approve the project.

Alderwoman Sabrina Dore cast the opposing vote on the motion to accept a$200,000 grant from Delta Regional Authority and to have the extensioninstalled.

Dore said she is in no way opposed to the gas line but voted against it because wording in the resolution would have removed the board from any future decisions.

“I didn’t vote against providing a gas line to the port, I voted against the second part of the agreement, which would grant the mayor the ability to approve all documents and contracts,” Dore said

Vidalia Mayor Buz Craft said delayed bids were slowing the $8.3 million port project. He said the port is at 61 percent and expected to be completely operational by March.

The upgrade of port will be of major benefit to Syr as will the opportunity to secure natural gas for their needs.

Heather Malone, economic development director in the Miss-Lou, said $226,000was earmarked for the gas line through a state grant for industrial projectdevelopment. Malone said the remaining cost paid by Vidalia would be nearly$165,000.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.