XTO 1.40% 6,359.6 s&p/asx 100

Hey buddy how are you? So i dont use VV anymore. It was too...

1. 1,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Hey buddy how are you?

So i dont use VV anymore. It was too basic, i would recommend that with programming knowledge you will get extremely frustrated with it pretty quickly. It was a great stepping stone and i would recommend it to anybody that wants to dip their toe in. Do not regret it one bit. So i've gone with tradestation. It was always a toss up for me between amibroker and tradestation. I chose tradestation because i was keen on a particular mentor/course (ill share details at the end) and if i chose amibroker i was going to have to convert all their included code and lessons over to amibroker.

I'm totally out of the asx now, im going to be trading US futures. The reason for that is that liquidity is a huge part of algo system trading for slippage reasons. I definitely plan to come back eventually but i want to learn my trade properly before i venture back.

So, if you want to know exactly waht im doing, check out the podcast Better Trader Academy. Ive taken all their courses, it was an extreme amount of work, but it was exactly where i wanted to end up. It isn't cheap and its an extreme amount of work but i would highly recommend it if you are very serious. I've pretty much done the equivalent of all the work i did at uni in 2-3 months just to give you an idea. Listen to the podcast first though so you can get an idea if you think its a rip or not.

Heres a picture of 2 equity curves over the last 10 years of systems i plan to launch this week. The CL one is crude oil and the ES is s+p 500 emini contracts. I have 3 others, happy to hsare if your interested. So what i've pretty much learned is system development. The advantage of that is i can make the systems exactly tailored to my risk profile(which i imagine is quite high for anyone who dabbles in ASX specs). They are totally automated, i just have to maintain the systems and make sure they are turned on before i go to bed.

lemme know if you have any more questions mate, happy to help where i can.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1622/1622215-78905bf9e66497117e7a0ba2ed6056fd.jpg
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1622/1622218-1276a031ab42abe4be842af3b70fb9a5.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XTO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.