XTO 1.78% 6,388.8 s&p/asx 100

Thanks Zesty, really appreciate that as well. I've had a super...

1. 3,013 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 283
    Thanks Zesty, really appreciate that as well. I've had a super busy week with end of financial year (one of my occupations is accountant) and no time to properly digest people's replies and respond, but one thing that you make me think of again which has been on my mind...

All of you seem to move towards FX and futures markets for liquidity reasons predominantly and I fully understand that concept (a basic level), but aren't you also just choosing to go up against a substantially greater number of professionals?? From everything I've read, anyone that gets serious about trading (algos or not) tends to start focusing on the FX/futures markets very quickly. I am sceptical that there many minnows in that market at all and vast majority of players in those markets are either big time professionals or at least probably very well educated like you guys are now. If you looked at the demograph of equities though, there is a substantial percentage of "un/under-educated" market participants that are easy to pit yourself against. Even amongst the top 200 stocks, most of the big fish are probably doing buy and hold strategies rather than just purely actively trading the sp, but of course there's many traders that would be doing that as well. Just seems like there might be a great 'edge' to be realised in the equity markets (the "inefficiencies" that you talk of)?

So I guess i'm thinking with respect to this concept that only 5% ever get consistently profitable... in the equity markets, it feels like it would be much easier to get into that 5%. However, in the futures/fx markets, I feel like you need to basically be at a 'professional' level with trading just to still realise that same 5% probability?

All of this probably just reflects the stage of learning I'm at with it all, but it's something that's been in the back of my mind, so very interested to hear your opinions on it all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XTO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.