XTO 1.78% 6,388.8 s&p/asx 100

hey mateI never really had a home town bias towards the ASx...

1. 1,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50

hey mate

I never really had a home town bias towards the ASx because i never made any money on it If i had, i highly doubt i would have left. I think in the BST podcast a few of the guests actually go over this topic, its kind of like how around 70-80% of peoples investment properties are within 5 streets of their home. Its a weird kind of subconscious comfortzone. But as i said, i never made any money on it and it didnt really have any appeal to me after the blood of feb 2018. plus i knew that only trading indexes is pretty much pure correlation.

A few things also, i dont think its a good comparison to think of the pro's like that. I think unless someone is trading the EXACT same style (even a difference of a few parameters within a filter could make a difference) you can't think that their losing is our winning. The pro's cant really do this small scale stuff bec ause they are moving very large sums of money. To go even further i think that minnows or fish wouldnt really have repeatable behaviour so they probably arent much use to algorithms. Secondly, going short is as easy as going long in futures. I wouldnt know how to go short stocks. Thirdly, i didnt look too hard but the broker offerings arent as substantial in AUS, i know IB can do algorithm stuff but youd have to know quite alot more code. Quite a few of the overseas offerings are broker/platform/datafeed all rolled into one. BUT you have to work out if its for you, because it may not be. I know its the right fit for me because if it isnt, i wont be trading.

made my first official (not accidental) trade last night, long crude, was in for 70 minutes and picked up a cool $260US after commissions.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XTO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.