XTO 1.78% 6,388.8 s&p/asx 100

Hey Mate, interesting timing on your post as I log in for the...

1. 2,335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 536
    Hey Mate, interesting timing on your post as I log in for the first time in a long time! I have not been trading the ~18 months months and just last weekend have re-funded my accounts to get back into it.

I went down FX algo path, I made some okay early progress and some model break even, some win some loss - very much tried to take a portfolio approach to things rather than perfect any single model, but didn't keep it up for long enough to say I "made it work" to a level i'd say was showing longer ter success, but no regrets as I learned a lot before getting pulled away.

On a non-trading note I was in healthcare and got completely smashed when COVID first hit, ended up with no time to trade which is why I stopped (in fact I lost a bit because I was forced to totally neglect my portfolios with stupid working hours lol) - eventually decided to leave that company and am now am in a technical role in the RPA world - so decided it was worth taking the time off trading to build those skills in a new career trajectory, then put it to good use when I get back into trading, which I am now! So I'm looking at automating using mix of new skills/tools as well as old learnings and model ideas now that I have time in my life again - but with RPA I reckon it opens a lot of doors for autoating ASX trading, both TA and FA, which a lot of brokers/platofrms wouldn't otherwise offer you the data sets to work within.

Anyway long way of saying I gave it all up, but back to give it another crack!

P.S. - Glad to hear things are going well with your model, I also dabbled with some excel back testing, would be interested to hear about how you wend about yours if you ever want to shoot the breeze.

Cheers, Robo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XTO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.