SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

SYT Chart, page-2740

1. 467 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    There have been a lot of theories regarding the SP drop over the last couple of weeks. I have had a look @ some of the broker data, which should be able to answer some of your questions regarding the selling.

Firstly, I saw a poster suggest that StateOne might be responsible, however I can confirm that up until 11/10 they are not... In fact, they have added to their already large holding from 30mil to 32mil shares & increased their average price to 3.86c, whilst their buying has slowed a lot, they are still a net buyer. The below data is from the re-listing date util 11/10:

Then I would like to take a look @ 30/9 which is the last trading day before the selloff & the SP high. As you can see Paterson's is the largest seller on that day with 6mil+ & they were not buying at all. The major buyer is retail with some insto's caught in there:

Then we have the big sell off & there is some interesting data in here on 3/10.
    Pattersons - Again selling @ an average of 5.7c but then buy up 2mil @ 4.82c
    Timber Hill - Seems they were caught off guard as they purchase for 5.7c & offload @ 4.67c.
    DeuSec - pick up another 2.7mil @ 5.01c

You will also notice over the couple of trading days above that DeuSec have been buying. In the week below, they sell those holdings for a loss @ 4.32c. Below is the data for 4/10 - 11/10:

Of note, are the brokers buying & the prices they are currently paying. You will also notice the majority of SH's selling are from retail accounts, which means the scared retailer is selling to the opportunistic broker, i.e. 8mil sold from CMC market accounts & approx 8mil purchased by Bell Potter, Australian Investment Exchange & Pershing.

Hopefully the broker data provides some clarity around the recent trading activity & helps you make informed decisions. I don't currently have a view on SYT as I have not been trading it as previously mentioned, just happy to provide insight where I can.

Good luck to all here
    Last edited by Cuse: 14/10/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.