SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

SYT Charts, page-269

1. 3,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    couldn't agree with you more, but it takes some visionary 'skill' to be able to read the play like that. I find it interesting however, how many others cannot, and to read their posts, is as if they are betting on the biggest gamble of their lives with incredible indecision. For me, there is no gamble or indecision, even if we are at the speculative end of the market. It is definitely a when, not if. But with that said, we always have to remember the difference between believing strongly in a stock and falling in love with it. The former is a result of having some of the visionary ability, while the later is to be blind to the downside. Frankly, it is almost impossible to be in love with SYT as there is very little downside.

For anyone still skeptical or newcomers yet undecided, I think it is best to start with the big picture, as this provides the backdrop for the vision. Furthermore, without it, and only focusing on the finer details, like the 'missing' financials, will obviously leave you open for indecision. But playing it safer does fit the trading strategy of many, so we can't hold that against them. It is the price they pay for extra security, and may only cost them a cent or two, which will be negligible when the bigger picture finally comes home to roost.

With time up our sleeve, here in brief is my own view of the vision for our skeptical, cautious, or newcomer investors.

Providing internet data is about to take an important change, especially in the developing world where it is very costly to the average user; it consumes up to 7% of their salary on prepay plans. I'd like to make a comparison to the motor car industry, and how motorwagons were very expensive for the first 30 years from 1885. Prepay users are still in this equivalent period, but the date is about to change to 1913, when Ford created the moving assembly line and car prices reduced dramatically. Sponsored data will do the same. Just as there was an evolution in car design and delivery method, so it will be with data as the present model is unable to be monetized, as Gary G liks to put it. Prepay is outdated because it was designed when mobile phones were primarily being used for phone calls, whereas now, smartphones are our new computers consuming large amounts of data that is increasing dramatically. If the prepay system was to continue like it is, the smartphone in developing countries would become a luxury item solely for the very rich, and that would mean the industry is de-evolving. Rather, the contrary will occur: data is going to become very cheap, so that smartphones sales can equally grow; a win win for all. Evolution requires a need and a method. The outcome is predictable, at least in the short term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.