SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

SYT - Emails & Research, page-1248

1. 5,038 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 454
    @writer

Yes I'm still holding the same number of shares that I held last Thursday.

Although I'm questioning that decision more and more right now.

We've had (tried) 2 business models to date, both have been failures (app bounty's & data reward tasks). Although the company hasn't been honest enough to admit that to its shareholders.

OverPass - yet to see it actually generating anything of substance ( I doubt we've even hit 3000 package sales in a week - hence no metric being released for investors to monitor @Wazdan ). They claim its being generating revenue from day 1, which is a true statement, what they've failed to say or give any indication of is whether it is actually generating profitable revenue or is just a loss leader (ie the customer is paying us less than it costs us to cover the cost of the data etc).

The more they refuse to discuss it the more you know its a loss leader, the question then is how much is each sale costing us ? & how long will it be before they eventually get rid of the special priced offers ? to generate positive revenue. When that occurs, how many users will they still have compared to before?

Dataflex, I like the concept, the fact they keep delaying it for these can't be missed opportunities with Freeway is becoming a real worry (why because there's no sign of meaning revenue from the Freeway side, so why then didn't you launch a product that you've got clients knocking at the door weekly for, have allowed some clients to use it for 2 years now & yet haven't monitised it in anyway yet) it just doesn't make sense. In the past I'd have given them the benefit of the doubt after the latest public lies from them that's no longer the case.

If the products right it should be launched and generating positive revenue right now, to help fund other parts of the business.

I had a long talk with one of my friends just a couple of hours ago (yes they've also got a shareholding in the company) he likes the idea, thinks it will do well, if its priced right and has enough global coverage.

Then you come onto the things we can't see like Verizon.

They refuse to speak about revenue from this source. Won't even say if a fully implemented product there is going to be worth $10M a year or not.

Which just does my head in quite frankly.

A $200 Billion company is supposedly "critically dependent" on our CSP, yet it might be getting access to that product for less than $10 Million a year in royalties etc. If that's the case then the deal negotiated is as bad as the Tata one and if that's all you can get from Verizon how much are you going to get from all these small telco's ? not a lot comes to mind.

So how do you get to the A$1 Billion or the infamous A$10 Billion market cap in those circumstance ? you simply don't.

So you have to believe that the Verizon deal is going to be worth much more than $10M a year when fully implemented.

Can we get the company to actually publicly confirm this, is another matter (if they hide behind confidentiality on such a simple yes/no question then we're going to be in the doldrums for a long time) If they did come out and say "yes fully implemented that agreement would provide at least $10 M a year to Syntonic" then the market would react completely differently to how it is now.

You might have noted the total lull in December with the business, that means the invoices for the December quarter are going to be pretty poor (so they'll focus on the cash received number instead) which will roll over into the March quarter's cash numbers making them look pretty crap come April.

The year-end bank balance might be a lot lower than expected because of a much higher cash-burn for the December quarter than any of us expected. Why do I say that, simple no-one with any understanding of markets boasts about there cash balance in a quarterly report only to do a cap raise 5 weeks later at a massive discount (we'll know the answer to that inside 40 days).

As to the other partnerships Syntonic has what do they do ? what do we gain from them other than having some big names on a webpage on the company website ?

LOTM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.