SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

Facebook uses “target advertising” as part of their platform. If...

1. 3,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 274
    Facebook uses “target advertising” as part of their platform. If you have one tab on your browser using a Facebook and you search for something else in another, the ads on Facebook will advertise the exact thing you were searching in the other tab. Most websites operate like this.

The reason it was odd, is because I was on my fiancé’s facebook, who doesn’t follow anything related to the topic. The only reason it would appear is because I have liked their pages and it was direct targeting all friends of my Facebook. It would appear, if their FreewayOverpass pag has 10,000 followers and it direct targets their friends, you could be targeting over from 400,000 to over 1Million favebooo users.

The google thing you are referring to is Google AdWords. It is very common practice for business to utilise this property advertising service and I am happy they use the service. It means exactly that, when someone searches the key words you describe, the Syntonic website appears or the google play store appears.

And as another HC member points out, I wasn’t referring to the Syntonic Facebook, but rather the Overpass one which does have over 10,000 subs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.