SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

Hey Hatch An interesting observation/question and one I...

1. 932 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    Hey Hatch

An interesting observation/question and one I certainly had not contemplated previously.

I read your question as;

If a company wanted to zero rate data specific to one app or a number of apps on any device, without the client having to open or initiate the functionality (open the app or use freeway (or other sponsored data app like Tata SDX) could the company mainatain that functionality for an extended period?

What a great question/observation!

We know that SYT has this capacity through Dataflex. We know that Dataflex provides split billing so the business/employer can pay for its "split". We know that SYT is enhancing its payment gateway for integration into MNO as requested/required.

Therefore my guess would be that where the end user and company agree and the telco has SYT payment gateway then I can see no reason other than logistical and cost to the telco as a reason why this type of functionality could not occur.

So what is new about this and different from current functionality?

IMO this would allow free rating of smart phone functionality without having to open any app or third party software. Billing would automatically be assigned to the "payer" assuming a sub account has been established.

So what you may ask? Not so hard to open an app. But as Hatch suggests, this could be done for a period of time.

While I think autonomous vehicles would be individually chipped (have an individual mobile connection in each car) there are other obvious uses for this functionality.

For example buy the Nokia xxxx smart phone connected to Any carrier and have data free Facebook/You tube/twitter for life (for example). Or news and sport Access always free on Samsung Galaxy.

Or what about at the extreme end "buy our handset and pay no phone or data charges for "life"?

Same could apply for any company looking to add this functionality at the handset level with access to a third party sponsored data app for extended periods.

This would remove the link of the network and the handset for certain data. Would carriers cop this? I suppose for a fee anything is possible.

Not sure the world is ready for this functionality yet as they could do the same by preloading freeway (assuming the customer knows and remembers to open the Freeway app) but it certainly would put some power back with the handset manufacturer and if there is business case then why not?

Great question for the weekend Hatch!

Always plenty to think about when considering the power of the SYT platform and software.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.