SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

SYT General 3 - New Thread., page-1174

1. 132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 157
    That's because the articles aren't directly related to syt.... It's just background info on where our 2 major clients are moving with the content strategies.

Tata have developed an ott solution for the F1 among other content distribution deals. Verizon have the NFL,parts of the NBA etc. etc.
    In Verizon's case they are trying to drive customers to their platform so they can monetize them through advertisements. They are still building the platform....
    Quoted from the article

"Ellis said that integration of the company’s Oath properties, which house Yahoo and AOL, is going well and now the focus is bringing one unified set of platforms to consumers and advertisers.'

Once the platform is built and sufficient content is acquired then the monetization of the platform can begin by attracting advertisers to oaths various properties. Verizon/Oath have stated numerous times that they want to be the next google/facebook in regards to digital advertising. Another quote from the article

'With a large consumer base already interacting with the brands regularly, Ellis said, “now the question is, how do you deepen that relationship with consumers?”
    He said Verizon is now focused on increasing the number of minutes every day that users are interacting with the platform'

How do they do they do that? In my belief it is by incentivizing them through content and sponsored data. Everyone loves something for nothing. If they can make customers stickier by providing free data to consume the content they want, it in turn leads to greater pull with advertisers.

The bigger picture in my view is more important then the short term share price. Patience is required while the platforms are built out.If this can't be seen then maybe syt is not for you.

That is the reasoning behind me posting what may seem to be, unrelated articles for a company that many see as just a standalone app called freeway.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.