SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

Nice post, Huntfish, like always. These comments got me...

1. 3,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    Nice post, Huntfish, like always.

These comments got me thinking: 'We should all be more excited about the next tier 1 telco, which by my calculations should come any day now, but so sure it will be before the end of the year...'

Yes, the next tier 1 signing may come with the quarterly, and if it does, it will justify why the Q may come at the last moment. But if we are so fortunate to get a double wammy, it will knock the share price out of the court, but on one condition only: if the Q revenue is substantial. No amount of new contracts alone will excite the share price much.

We've had our fair share of great announcements over the last year that have done little for the sp, so this may re-eventuate even with a new teir 1 signing, unless it is supported with a flush of green backs. In fact, I swear that if we receive an annoncement tomorrow saying that we've signed every major telco in Africa, the Middle East, and Sth America, the share price will do little other than 'a shuffle and a sneeze,' if it's not backed with real revenue.

Now for the 'good' news. Yes, another signing can't be too far way, and yes, the Q revenue will be higher than the last. But unless it is massive - minimum 1M - dont expect too much response from the market. If it is substantial, then pros will buy up sooner or later, not necessarily first day, but soon enough.

All these musing are enough to make one wonder, or even worry, and this leads me to say that our own emotions are as volatile as the possibilities. A less than stellar Q (tomorrow) will certainly shake the loose hands, but I know what my right hand will be doing: picking up the crumbs!

You see, there is only one consideration in investing that trumps all others: good stocks don't show their hand according to our timeline, but their own.

For those who read the STT last weekend on 'dunce moments,' there was a common theme. Those who won the dunce competition had one thing in common: 'If only I'd held, I would have made a million......'

But of course, if the forthcomiing Q doesn't cut the mustard, the impatient will be thinking, enough is enough.

Then will come the rerate at next Q, if not before, and in the mean-time, you may or may not have made any new money with your ex SYT cash. You'll also unlikely to be buying back down the track for less, if you buy back at all, as most don't rebuy once letting go of a 'good' stock that they sell out on.

Then comes the dunce moment: if only I'd held.

Now, stand in the corner.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.