SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

Hey Air Thanks for the info but IMO not quite the answer I would...

1. 932 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    Hey Air

Thanks for the info but IMO not quite the answer I would have expected.

That said, the answer has already been given previously in the demonstration of the international roaming app by Rahul two Q&A’s ago.

In that Q&A you may recall he demonstrated the phone being switched on in a new country and being able to access the roaming app even where no service is available and despite the fact the sim (and account) are from another jurisdiction. However subject to the selection of a bundle the client is charged in their existing account subject to the bundle required.

My understanding of the potential to IOT is as follows;

A phone (chip set) automatically turns on seeking updates or to send sensor error message.

looks for wireless if not available then a mobile carrier for which an account is established.

No service is detected.

IOT program/International roaming/freeway/new name access point opens and requests the “bundle” available.

“Contact factory” is the bundle preset.

In an IOT situation the automatically selected “bundle” and would contact manufacturer for software update, report a fault or similar.

The one off cost would be the predetermined cost. This is charged to the account held by the manufacturer. Manufacturer is likely to be in another country but that is no issue.

During the agreed bundle time (say 1 to 30 minutes) the update is transmitted and received. Data charges are applied to manufacturer account.

Product owner is not charged and therefore the interaction is “sponsored” by the manufacturer.

Cost would be very small as we are not talking about hours of access. In fact only seconds in most interactions.

Therefore, as a back up to a pre-installed process or customer initiated update process, the IOT item would
    be able to contact the manufacturer for updates on a regular basis at a very low cost where the item is out of range of the expected nominated carrier service, for example, or this could be the standard process to avoid multiple programming of carriers for internationally sold items ( like kettles).

Examples include the IOT item is transported to a different jurisdiction (Eg Goods movements accross jurisdictions in Europe or Africa for example) or network blackspots where another service is available.

No need for a More expensive universal sim or satellite service except as a backup Which might be required when we move to autonomous vehicles for example.

Given where 5g is going, this would only need occupy a thin layer of the 5g spectrum.

All just IMO and really just me thinking out loud in the middle of the night.

Maybe just dreaming but made sense at the time.

All IMO and DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.