SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

SYT General 3 - New Thread., page-642

1. 545 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 159
    Hi @makattack, sorry if my point was not clear. The point I was trying to make is that our lives are full of data hungry devices and will increase exponentially over time. Data does not only apply to mobile phones, it applies to everything. SYT have a view that data should be free and monitised differently to today’s ways. With regard to my fridge, no I don’t update my fridge with my mobile phone plan, this was not my point. I didn’t want to get into specifics but most fridges these days have diagnostic test functions which uses your mobile phone to transmit the problem to the manufacturer. I have voip so my phone does use data for calls if I wanted to send diagnostic information to LG. At the end of the day if LG want me to by their fridge then I should have unmetered data for anything involved with this. Why should I pay to rectify a fault with their product?
    I can see a day when if I want a new fridge or anything else for that matter and I decide to shop online, the likes of LG, Samsung, Electrolux etc will have sponsored (unmetered) websites where you are free to surf their catalogue for a purchase.
    And yes 2/3rds of my data plan (50gig) has been used for updates alone. 6 apple device updates and 4 windows 10 updates can account for the majority of it. 5 people in my family all with their own sweet of purchased/downloaded apps, say 50 minimum, plus the preloaded apps is enough to use up more than 2/3rds of my allowance on a heavy month.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.