SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

SYT General 3 - New Thread., page-644

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    Hi makattack, sorry if my point was not clear.

I think your point was clear enough, I just mostly disagree

And yes 2/3rds of my data plan (50gig) has been used for updates alone. 6 apple device updates and 4 windows 10 updates can account for the majority of it. 5 people in my family all with their own sweet of purchased/downloaded apps, say 50 minimum, plus the preloaded apps is enough to use up more than 2/3rds of my allowance on a heavy month.

May I suggest then that you set your phones and other devices to only do updates when there is a local wireless connection available. Sorry to say but it's ludicrous to spend 2/3rds of your mobile phone data usage on updates.

Data does not only apply to mobile phones, it applies to everything.

Correct, and my point was that most IOT devices will not require large amounts of data. Your example of diagnostics to LG perfectly illustrates that point. Maybe a large text file worth of data would need to be sent, probably be lucky to reach 1K of data. The amount of data pales into a miniscule insignificant quantity compared to say a UHD resolution video. No I am sorry I can buy your argument that SYT is going to build its success on device update and web catalogue data load requirements. It's all about video and other high data hungry applications around this such as say games and VR technology etc in my opinion of course. And potentially new technologies including 5G and other transmission infrastructures may render SYTs technology obsolete in the future. The time is ticking. SYT have a window of opportunity. Is it the real deal or are partners just buying their time, hedging their bets etc etc. We don't yet know. We'll likely have a much better feel in 6 months or more.
    Last edited by makattack: 19/12/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.