SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

I agree. Few points to note: - Unlimited plans have been around...

1. 539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I agree. Few points to note:

- Unlimited plans have been around for about 10 years and were scraped as it was congesting the airwaves. Hence the need for Telcos to scrap that plan. There is real physical limitations to bandwidth/frequency and capacity much like how copper wire were replaced by fibre optic cables due to the bandwidth limitations and high attenuations (db losses to the signal).

- As mentioned Telcos would have to canabalise their own network in an effort to race to the bottom. We are not talking about currency or interest rates here. This does not improve the telcos (ARPU), it hurts it and defeats the purpose not to mention the high costs involved in maintaining the existing or building new infrastucture to do so.

- The telcos have seen the growth of companies like facebook, amazon, google utilising the telco infrastructure to generate billions whilst their own ARPU is dropping. The Telcos do not want a repeat of this as this new wave of mobile innovation rolls round. For the telcos is either transform or die. Hence we see Telcos acquiring content providers to become entertainment companies to position themselves to win as the new mobile TV growth is set to soar...one big limitation being the cost of data to consumers.

- Sponsored data is a smarter approach that will increase the ARPU and creates a win for all scenario.

As a Telco what would you be doing?

a) offer unlimited data plans and canabalise your own network whilst dropping the ARPU and hope to God you survive this next round of mobile innovation?

OR

b) Adopt a smarter approach called sponsored data where advertisers will pay for the data consumption and you increase revenue and ARPU. Create a win win scenario ?

You choose...but the clock is ticking..tick, tock..
    Last edited by freekid29: 08/03/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.