SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

SYT General, page-1860

1. 1,664 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1512
    GR
    It was directed at the conversation where the sky fell the moment that Aquto signed a second mover advantage deal with Telefonica
    Datami signed a deal with them months ago, so they are technically the first mover with Telefonica (not Aquto)
    I received an email after Datami signing with them and Gary responded himself informing me that telcos will sign to deals to drive traffic over their networks with multiple companies, also had that a ROI had to be there for them in that same email
    At the time of Datami signing with their first mover advantage and after receiving that email from Gary, I realised that at that time with the resources our company had I would much prefer for them to be working on the OTT and pleasing Verizon and their "stringent timelines" (Gary's words in the last webinar) as I now realise that Verizon is the largest contract for our company that is starting to generate real revenue due to the licensing of our SDK (which fits well with their ROI strategy mentioned numerous times)
    If you go back and watch the MWC over a few times, you really start to understand just how things are in their absolute infancy at the moment
    We know nothing of the deals Datami and Aquto have now with Telefonica
    Or if they are even generating any revenue
    Or if they are even just POC trials of their offering
    We have been informed by IR that Syntonic have POC trials with certain carriers they must deem a worthy return on their time and focus and I am sure they will announce these when the time is right and when we have something real in place
    Half my point was, listen to the rep from Nigeria! They don't even have a clue where they are headed with sponsored data yet
    Let alone monetising a nation of people with little to nothing to monetise in the first place
    It's only my view, just as you have yours and we are all entitled to that, but I believe there will be way more money in the white labelling and my instincts tell me from all my reading and research thus far, that is what managements goals are also
    Again, just my view and I am entitled to that
    Dan Rosen leaving would have been a nightmare on this thread if we had signed anything with Telefonica, so I am personally glad we dodged that bullet
    Just like, another of my views, is that you don't just run out and try and be everywhere, waste all your cash, ask for more, and end up nowhere, broke with angry shareholders
    My reasons to invest in this company and continue to grow my holding this last week is due to trusting everything management have done are doing so far
    I believe in the strategy they have in place and love their diligence with money
    I believe in starting at the top of the snowy peak and watching all their hard work start snowballing down the mountain when the time is right
    I wouldn't be invested with so much conviction and my hard earned if they had nothing signed with Verizon or TATA
    From everything I have read and articles on the direction those two companies in particular (and AT&T but that is still a bit of an unknown) are taking for the future with cloud based services and free rating data (IMO as always) I believe we have a successful company in the making with just these deals alone and what will come from them over the coming years as they try to spread their wings across the globe
    Keep in mind, Google and Facebook have a monopoly on mobile advertising dollars and a user base that will be hard for anyone other than a conglomerate to achieve
    A little start up like Syntonic can't tackle these giants on their own
    The only possibility I see of the monopoly being broken is for the likes of other giants like TATA and Verizon to tackle them head on and take back some of what is rightfully theirs
    Each to their own, and that is the beauty of life in our first world land
    You get to make your own mistakes and success, don't blame anyone but yourself
    Back your research and instincts, but only invest what you can live without

IMO
    DYOR
    GLTAH
    WIN
    WIN
    WIN

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.