RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

There's not been enough time to complete drilling given they...

1. 478 Posts.
    There's not been enough time to complete drilling given they were only at 1500m a few weeks ago and were running the VSP survey. Unless the survey has decided it's not worth continuing to drill (this would throw major question marks over the seismics). That's effectively the only update that can be given on Georgia- they will not have reached TD yet. Either abandon the well, or carry on drilling- there's no chance of a 'commercial oil' announcement tommorow, I do not think.

Interesting times tommorow, though given PL's normal timescales I wouldn't be THAT surprised if no announcement was made. Given he's told the ASX to expect an announcement however, one would hope this one is written in stone.

FWIW, I expect the price will drop after news- based purely on the fact that it's risen a fair amount in the past couple of days, people expect the news to be positive, and so the good news will be 'priced in' already. It all depends though. There's no update from Georgia I think that would lead to a price increase (there is potential for a large drop if the decision is to abandon the well though). Texas is too small to move the market and there's no news expected there anyway. Trinidad...possibly the long-awaited CPR could arrive, which could potentially lift the price (or cause it to drop if the figures aren't so good). Offshore Puntland is too far away to cause significant uplift, and farming in to a $6m market cap player hardly smacks as a great move anyway.

If there's news from onshore Puntland that the well has actually been spudded, that would be big. Big enough to give the share price a further kick up I'd say.

But without onshore Puntland spud news, or a great CPR from Trinidad, I'm not convinced the gains will hold. That's just my opinion, and while you might say I'm 'biased' as I'm 'out', I've got nothing to gain or lose here either way as the UK market is now shut, and if the news is released Friday morning, by the open all good or bad results will have been digested and priced in anyway.

But I'm sure we can all agree tommorow will be interesting. Definitely an 7am start for me to read the announcement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.