RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

I said the lower test was bad (indeed, it didn't flow at all),...

1. 478 Posts.
    I said the lower test was bad (indeed, it didn't flow at all), therefore the upper test would also be bad, not the other way around.

If the lower zone doesn't flow, there's almost no chance the upper one will. There's more pressure at lower sections and you don't need a PhD in geology and 20 years experience to say that. If the pressure from the lower section is therefore not enough to flow, why should the upper section flow?

You might not share my lack of enthusiasm for Puntland, so what, it's different opinions that make the market. After 2 years of 'it's happening next quarter lads, honest', I don't believe a word said about the project anymore. Keep in mind they've been saying spudding is just around the corner since 2007. I said back in January that it wouldn't happen and that the July spud date was a pipedream. That didn't go down too well at the time on here or other boards- but it's proven correct. I didn't like it back in 2010 when I still believed, and was told by the investors who've been here longer that it wouldn't happen- but they were right. It's hardly like it's a massive leap to say it's not going to happen this time around either (i.e. 2012).

They probably will get a drilling extension, but it's a drill bit in the ground that will get this moving. Trinidad reserve update soon (apparently), but after that, what is there to keep investors interested if I'm right and Puntland doesn't happen?

Trinidad is a good long term play- but the emphasis is on long term, which will not satisfy impatient AIM 'investors'. If Georgia is plugged and abandoned, and Puntland doesn't happen, we've got a while until the next big drill (either a Herrera target, or a 2nd Georgia drill). If the current well is abandoned at 1500m because of dodgy seismics, how optimistic do you think the market will be about a second drill in Georgia? Texas is going well, but after a drill is successful, it takes months to update the reserve report which is what will drive the share price.

This situation has many similarities to last year, where the Georgia reserve report was released, but there was no new news set to be released until January. The price dropped from 9p to 6p in that time- despite the promise of good news 'a few months later'. Some investors won't want to wait that long for Texas and Trinidad to start adding serious value. They'll sell out and the price will stagnate for a couple of months.

Could all go the other way if Georgia is not written off just yet, and Puntland happens, but if it doesn't, the scenario above is a very likely one- it happened last year, and market conditions are worse this year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.