FML 0.00% 15.5¢ focus minerals ltd

t i drilling, page-6

1. 875 Posts.
    Hi F&B,

OK, so i am no geo. i have worked on mine sites before, but not relating to anything geologically related. I will however, give my spin on why i think they went to diamond drilling straight away. Everything below is just my spin / speculation on things. Happy to hear others view points on why Focus took this particular route.

I don't think they have done any RC drilling so far. they simply haven't had time to do this and if they had, we would have seen results as this would have dictated where to use the diamond drill rigs.

1. Mobilisation - they wanted to do this quickly and diamond drilling is something reasonably quick to mobilise. you need to also take into account availability. They fast tracked this program and maybe took "what was available".
    2. Deployment - RVC requires big trucks. Maybe the site was not suitable for deployment of these units to undertake RVC drilling. This may be reason enough alone.
    3. RVC is not entirely accurate in determining lodes at depth as RC drilling use air extraction and has a higher measurement uncertainty as to which depth the mineralisation came from. Diamond drilling is accurate, and will tell you the exact depth of mineralisation.
    4. If they did RC 1st, they would have given us results of rock chip samples without being able to accurately identify veins and the size of the ore body. i.e. they would have needed to follow up with diamond drilling at some stage anyway.
    5. If they think there is a decent ore body (multiple ore bodies), then why not go straight for the jugular. It will save time, and ultimately money, and bring forward a production plan for the ore body.
    6. Based on what FML has released to market about stratigraphic interpretation, we can assume that much of the gold here is potentially fine to medium course grained, again, another reason to use diamond drilling straight up given its accuracy.
    7. Anyone can look at RC results under a microscope and give some rock chip g/t values, however, a fully fledged Geo (like Dean), is needed to interpret diamond drill results and extrapolate an accurate ore body. Since we have a leading Geo, why not put his skills to use immediately.
    8. Someone at Focus has made this call to go straight to diamond drilling. It would be based on surface samples, aero survey results and of course, the in house geogolists expertise. The fact they have decided this course of action must surely be a positive.

It is not common for diamond drilling to hit the decks before any type of RC drilling which again, points me in the direction of TI hosting something potentially outstanding. Apart from the possible inability to get truck mounted RC equipment on site, everything else points to this campaign being undertaken in this manner based on a high probability, calculated risk approach.

I am getting more and more excited about the prospect of TI hosting something really special. I would rather wait so that the data they do give to us, actually means something rather than throwing around a few high grade samples at random locations, which in themselves, mean very little.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $44.41M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.5¢ 15.5¢ 15.5¢ $1.579K 10.19K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 7509 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 9930 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.17pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.