ZIP 1.45% $1.70 zip co limited..

TA & charts, page-598

1. 4,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8295
    As a customer I'd want to know why Zip pay states it is interest free yet charges a flat fee of $6.00 per month on whatever is owed? and an extra $5.00 if the minimum monthly of $40 is not met! That is essentially 7.4% annual 'interest' charge on a debt of $1000.

Also - the charge the merchant/retailer 4% fee for the privilege..... up front....that is 480 to the merchant while collecting 500 from the customer....( double dipping in my view...nice work if you can get it)

If you think about it....you pay $6 fee no matter what, right! SO...say your annual debt is only $200....(unlikely but possible) then your closer to 36% quasi interest cos your fee doesn't stop does it...no!

$500 annual debt ...= 15% quasi interest.......and still getting fees from the retailer.

Nice coin if you can get it....
    I would think the model is hit the $1000 limit as it doesn't cost you anymore in fees and (from zips point of view) take as long as you like to pay it off.....lol
    Why risk this quasi interest exposure across mulitple bnpl accounts!!!...thats nuts...well... throwing away your hard earned really!!! crazy!

Im an old fart and i do my sums....credit card is far better if you pay off on time!!!!

I hold this stock because 60% of users ( old figures) are under 35 yrsold and love it cos it gives the finger to the banks and is easy to onboard....Im not worried about additional regulation, won't happen.

It is a growth coin model for the moment based on nothing more than convenience, public opinion and ease of use...if it establishes itself quickly in os markets ...well yahoo $$$$, if i see a change in the trend ill jump out.
    It may amend its business model for the better or may get taken over......ill just keep watching and skipping while it goes north - avoid kicking rocks at all costs.

DYOR

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.70
Change
-0.025(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $1.909B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.75 $1.77 $1.68 $16.19M 9.417M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5300 $1.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.70 86880 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.