AGL 0.10% $10.45 agl energy limited.

I have been watching AGL for a while and already have a strong...

1. 2,820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 713
    I have been watching AGL for a while and already have a strong interest in IFN. The reason I haven't gone into AGL previously was the possible issues with an energy RC, the whole political interference problem and my other half hates AGL. AGL is definitely moving towards renewables but are also still in coal. However they obviously have a plan to move out of coal as they have stated. They can't just dump their coal production as they would not only suffer a big capital write-down but would get caned by everybody. If you have a look at the NEM generation charts You will see that coal is doing most of the heavy lifting in the large states so AGL is still a big supplier.
    So they are being strategic and utilizing existing generation resources while investing in renewable assets (and storage I would presume) for the future exit strategy and getting base load costs down incrementally. Sound business in my opinion and the fact they have ignored the government is a strong positive in my view.
    All that said I will be happy to see renewables take the dominant market share ASAP for purely self-preservation motives and I think the current government shortsightedness will cost them dearly in many ways.
    I think the recent price uptick is defensive and if the bear market continues it will probably get some more support. Due to other investment commitments and my other half I will have to pass this one up but it looks like pretty good value at the moment to me.

DYOR and GLTAH
    Last edited by strangelogic: 14/11/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.45
Change
-0.010(0.10%)
Mkt cap ! $7.030B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.49 $10.50 $10.42 $16.67M 1.592M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1654 $10.44

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.45 480 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.