CUV 0.13% $15.19 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

I think TA is very difficult because shorters have consistently...

1. 735 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 921
    I think TA is very difficult because shorters have consistently introduced fake liquidity into the market whenever Clinuvel has released good news - they have controlled the share price and the narrative. This has gone on for years and you only need to look back days ago to when the great news about the share buyback was released for further evidence of this. More than 250000 fake shares were sold into the market to control the share price in the first few days after it was announced. Imagine what the price would have been without that fake liquidity, it would have easily breached $20 without that manipulation IMO. For me anything under $30 is ridiculously cheap ($1.5B Valuation) Disc is ~$1.3B for not much, MSB ~$1 Billion on future hope, IMU $0.8B for some Phase 1 and 2s. PME making profits (but not that much more than CUV) has a valuation $11Billion. Most profit making biotechs with P/Es at least double CUV so TA is tough in such a manipulated market but Fundamental Analysis shows a great undervaluation IMO particularly now the blockbuster Vitiligo trial is underway and the drug is already FDA and EMA approved.

The company has also made the same noises about this disconnect with share price and fundamentals and I think the signal is clear here as outlined by the company in the recent newsletter below (underline is mine)

"We have chosen the moment of a repurchase as first clinical results for 2024 are published, and we will
    keep at it
    until those who gamble against the Company have understood the message. Given the
    expected future cash flows, we are in the position to prolong the program when required"

To me that signal says an enormous amount, and when the market appreciates what the Phase 3 into Vitiligo will bring to forward revenues and profits (CUV doesn't have to share profits either it is largely vertically integrated) then I think things will really change. The buyback is just huge news, there are only 50 Million tightly held CUV shares on issue now and after the buyback that will be 48.5 Million. And the company is in a position to just do another buyback after that if they want to "keep at it" because they have about $180 Million cold hard cash and the buyback only uses a tiny percentage of that cash.

All IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.19
Change
-0.020(0.13%)
Mkt cap ! $749.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.20 $15.20 $14.90 $248.9K 16.50K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 293 $15.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.19 61 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.07am 13/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$15.17
  Change
-0.020 ( 0.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
$15.11 $15.21 $14.95 1635
Last updated 11.27am 13/05/2024 ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.