CUV 0.31% $14.57 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

Nice insight, not something I had thought much about. Of course...

1. 16,320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4377
    Nice insight, not something I had thought much about. Of course with Ozempic it's strong recurring revenue, but only until the weight loss goal has been achieved. Then the customer disappears. For Clinuvel the customer will rarely disappear, as there is unlikely to be a time when people will no longer desire a tan or the protective effects of Scenesse. I can definitely imagine going in for an annual Scenesse shot (perhaps a strategy to extend patent protection will be to release longer lasting implants), and using the tanning cream to top up throughout the year. It really is the best business model ever, with annual recurring revenue and strong customer retention (so they'll never need to spend much on marketing)

The opportunity in front Clinuvel is obviously massive, and I do wish they'd just charge at it now as we all know it would be an overnight success story. However I do remain confident that there is a strategy here, something they're keeping from shareholders to maintain a competitive/regulatory edge, but a reason for not targeting this market straight away. It could be time to get more data whilst fully exploiting their monopoly position in EPP, time to develop a new product such as an improved implant and/or topical cream, time to establish a strong reimbursement profile etc. I guess only time will tell whether it was ineptitude or brilliant strategising... hopefully it is the latter and we end up with the best possible business

They've mentioned becoming a "household name by 2026" quite a number of times now, Bulletin 1 was basically all about it, and they've brought it up at events and conferences. They will need to pull off something impressive by then, or they'll be in quite a pickle.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.