XJO 0.67% 8,150.0 s&p/asx 200

Taco Wednesday, page-3

1. 9,457 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5284
    Tuesday Evening Thoughts. 3/10/17

XJO had a moderate fall today -0.49%. After Monday’s big rise today’s result was no surprise.

The Index remains within the wide trading range where it’s been for five months. This is a highly unusual time. We’ll break – one way or another and the move should be substantial.

Monday’s substantial rise impacted a lot of trends, at least in the short to medium term.

Here’s the Spread Sheet showing the current state of affairs for various major Indices and Sectors:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    0 Index Short Term Medium Intermediate Long
    1 XJO Flat Short Short Flat
    2 XTL Flat Short Short Short
    3 XMD Flat Short Short Long
    4 XSO Flat Long Long Long
    6 XMJ Short Flat Long Long
    7 XEJ Long Long Long Flat
    8 XXJ Long Flat Short Short
    9 XNJ Short Short Flat Long
    10 XDJ Flat Short Short Flat
    11 XHJ Long Long Short Flat
    12 XPJ Short Short Flat Short
    13 XUJ Short Short Short Short
    14 XSJ Short Short Flat Long
    15 XTJ Short Short Short Short
    16 XIJ Short Flat Long Long

The above ratings, because they are based on Moving Averages, tend to be lagging indicators.

Three Sectors are on “long” ratings, i.e., “buy”. Looking at the charts I have suspicions that the “long” rating for XEJ is overly optimistic. Here’s the XEJ chart:

XXJ is looking a little better:

It needs to get above horizontal resistance to prove its bullish credentials.

XHJ has been in a sideways trend for some time but has now headed to the upside. Like XXJ it needs to break above overhead resistance to prove its bullish credentials:

If XXJ can move to the upside (likely) then our market has the potential to move out of its intermediate term sideways trend. Watch.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.