TAH 2.21% 69.5¢ tabcorp holdings limited

TAH-ATTN: TAH SHAREHOLDERS, URGENT., page-5

1. 71 Posts.
    Any bank would loan Mr. Wilson the required amount given he could readily sell the shares on market. They would make, and he obviously profits.

It is my understanding from the CGT rules that the date of issue is the date used for CGT purposes. This date was in Nov 99, thus more than 12 months, so Mr Wilson can utilise the CGT 50% discount.

The use of franking credits would not reduce the tax payable on the dividend, although Mr. Wilson would receive a credit of the franking amount, he would pay tax on the whole dividend at his marginal tax rate (48.5% given his income is over 60,000 pa - which is pretty safe to assume so)

So IMHO my original post is correct. Either way Mr. Wilson has made a hell of alot out of this transaction, and I beleive caused the unusual trading and poor recent performance of the share price at a time when it would otherwise have been rising - due to a MSCI increased weighting, dividend, and good profit result.
    He (and Mr. Simpson) did not have the best interests of shareholders in mind and deserve a "please explain" for their actions.

We should let them know that we know what they are doing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
69.5¢
Change
0.015(2.21%)
Mkt cap ! $1.587B
Open High Low Value Volume
67.5¢ 69.5¢ 67.5¢ $3.836M 5.590M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 373056 68.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
69.5¢ 66253 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TAH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.