so how would you describe our participation in Vietnam, Iraq,...

1. 6,225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1035
    so how would you describe our participation in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan .. ? as a defensive action. or as an action to support an 'offensive' action of our greatest military ally ?

war is war.. defensive war is war.. offensive war is war.. when we go to war defending Australian territory, I will be fighting for my own life, my mates and my family, not for any values, freedom, democracy, rule of law.. there is no rule of law in war.. if war is allowed to begin, it's kill or be killed

the sooner we stop the hollywood idealism of 'good vs evil' the better.. values do not equal 'good'..

I don't want to defend Ukraine or Taiwan.. I do not want to participate and choose sides in regional civil wars.. I'm happy to provide them non lethal aid.. Australia can play a part in preventing war across the Taiwan straight by getting in the grill of the USA and getting in the grill of the CCP

I want to defend Australia, the South Pacific, the Indian Ocean, the Southern Ocean, Indo, Timor, New Guinea.. that will be fine

Furthermore, I would not support any foreign military deployment that does not include the objective 'to take, hold and control, territory, indefinately'

If we are not prepared to take it, hold and defend it and furthermore, control it forever, then DO NOT GO .. If we are not prepared to send the military force and equipment neccessary to take it, hold it, defend it and control it indefinately then DO NOT GO

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.